"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, "Here am I, Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Play Time!
So today was another half-lazy day. We woke up around 8 and talked with the other team via Facebook while waiting for breakfast to get here. We also got to take hot showers. It felt soo good. Breakfast was awesome! We had cinnamon rolls and eggs sunny side up! SO delicious! Mary, who is Raoul's little sister, joined us for the day so she got some of the awesome breakfast. After a while, some boda-boda's came to pick us up and took us to The Caring Place (Serah with the 16 boys). That was about 11. After we got there we played a little futbol in the courtyard and then Serah said we could go to the field. So we walked for about 15 to 20 minutes to the field. We played there for about 2.5 hours. Actually, Megan just sat on the sidelines with Mary while I played. I think she played for maybe 30 minutes and then left... My feet were black by the end! We eventually walked back to the house where we were served a lunch of rice and some kind of meat... I didn't ask. That was around 3. Pam showed up just before lunch and ate with us too and then we all came back to the compound. She cooked some hamburgers for dinner and Mary got her first taste of some truely American food! She liked it! After dinner we washed dishes and I Skyped my mom and Tynishia form the NW Pacific team. She's actually the one posting this for us since the internet is down here. Before dinner though, I got to Skype Leon, Karen, and Carissa also which was really fun! It was a good slow day. Tomorrow we get to go to Raouls' church which should be pretty awesome! Hopefully we'll get to post something about it! That's all for now though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's neat that she could post this for you. That must be why the font was different and smaller. It was a neat surprise to Skype with you today. Carissa is a good friend for letting me know you were online. Still praying for all the preparations you girls have to get ready for when we arrive. Can't wait to see you. Love, Mom W.
ReplyDelete