Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's All OK!

We're safe! Thank you all for the prayers. Keep them coming!! Sunday evening, Megan and I were online talking with friends back in the states when Pam and Paul asked us if we wanted to go watcht the came somewhere with Raoul. We said sure why not. Megan canceled a Skype date with her mom and we both adruptely ended our online conversations, not knowing the effects this would have on our loved ones later. We went to watch the game and watched in sadness as the Netherlands lost. (Honestly, we didn't really care but we cheered on behalf of the last team that was here.) We came home to find that the internet was down. We were a little depressed but figured it would be up the next morning just like the other times. Well morning came and it was still down, but we went about the day thinking it would be up by the end. Hoping it would be up I should say... We found out about the bombings and started praying that it would be up because we knew our families and friends would be worried since the last thing they heard was that we were going to watch the game. Well by the time Monday night rolled around and nothing had happened we started to get a little anxious. This morning our hopes were dashed once again when we woke up to it still down. I was still in laying in bed when Megan came in and told me that my mom had called Paul this morning because she was worried about us. All I said was "I knew it." We went through the day still praying and at 7 still nothing had happened. We left to go to TYT which is Youth Together, something that Raoul has started here for young adults here in Jinja. It was amazing. I'll describe later hopefully. Any way, after the meeting was done, Paul, Megan, and I were sitting outside waiting for our car and Paul asked us if we had lost faith in the internet coming on again. Our response, "Nope! We're still praying!" He laughed and said that he was starting to lose faith. Well, we got home and Megan and I crossed our fingers as we walked into the living room to look at the router box. Megan reached it before me and I didn't have to even look because her earsplitting screach told the whole story!! HAHA! It was back on again!! And so here we are, letting everyone know that we are OK and that we thank you all soo much for the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Dad W wanted her to call Monday morning!!!! I am glad you are having so many experiences where you are leaning and growing in your relationships with God! I'm guessing worship will never be the same. I love you guys. Dad W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls. We have almost all of the story props organized, but we need your help with something. Could you please take a picture of two brothers and email it to me so we can print it off? Cassie probably remembers the story line...we used pictures of Wes and Will when we did it in Power House and it really helped the kids connect with the Bottom Line. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete