More about the title in a bit...but first, sorry we haven't blogged in a few days. Life here has been pretty lazy, so we haven't felt like blogging. So here is a few stories from this past week...
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday--We spent the mornings at Rock of Ages Preschool. Tuesday and Wednesday, we did a Bible story and a craft with the kids. We really enjoyed watching the kids faces as they did their craft...They loved them so much. They kept saying, "Is this mine? I get to take this home." Because of time, we didn't get to do all four lessons like we were planning, but that's okay. We enjoyed what we did.
Thursday--We went out to Fountain of Hope to train the teachers on the Excel program. By doing this, the teachers will be able to keep track of grades, attendance, and tuition payments easier. We trained four teachers, before heading back home. It was great to see some familiar faces again. We didn't realize how much we had missed the Fountain kids.
Friday--Cassie will blog about later (with pictures)
So...here are the big stories of the week.
1. Cassie and I have been going to the Caring Place every evening this week to interview the boys for Paul. Paul is trying to get a book made with the stories of all the boys, so that was our job...get their stories. On Wednesday, we were again outside interviewing on of the boys when CRASH!!!!!!! The other boys had been playing soccer, and by accident a couple of the boys had gotten to close and kicked the ball straight into Cassie's computer. Let's just say that was the last of the interview because the screen was broke. All of the boys immediately began saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Cassie and I sat there for a minute with a stunned look on our face before we took the computer inside and put it away. Once we were inside, I glanced back outside. All the boys were sitting on the ground visibly upset over what happened. It broke my heart to see them like this. I walked outside to the boys, and I told them that is was okay; it was an accident. Daniel and Richard (the two that had kicked the ball into the computer) were the hardest to soothe. After a few minutes, we got them to play a couple American games with us until it was time for us to leave. On the way home, Cassie finally let her guard down and told me how upset I was. However, Cassie stated, "It is just a thing, and it showed me how much I love those boys." And it was true--those boys have a special place in Cassie and I's hearts and it will be hard to tell them bye in a few weeks.
2nd Story--Now back to the title of the blog for today....On Wednesday, after we got back from Rock of Ages, we went out to eat and shopping with Pam. On the way there, we saw a symbol of Africa. In one of the abandoned buildings along the side of the road, there sat a man in one of the windows. I wish I had my camera out, but I didn't. As soon as I saw this man, my heart broke. I started thinking, "What is his story? Does he sleep there? Does he have a job or money? Has he eaten today? Does he know God?" The questions kept coming. It made me realize how many people here need the hope and love of the One True God and Father. It also made me so thankful that God has blessed me in so many ways. So in the end, I never found out what happened to this man, but God again taught me something wonderful.
Sorry this is so long, but that was our week. Now we are getting ready for the Dove Voice Band (a group of 20 boys from Congo) to get here for the weekend. Talk to you all later.
Wow Megan! Good insight. It's great to hear that God is speaking so strongly to your heart. But of course it takes a heart that is listening to hear Him speaking! Hope you have a great weekend with the Voice Band from Congo.
ReplyDeleteHey mom....they are called the Dove Voice Band :)
ReplyDelete