"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, "Here am I, Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
A Weekend with Boys........
Hey Everyone......this past weekend, Cassie and I got to spend some time with the group called Dove Voice Band. The total group consists of 20 boys but only 15 came this past weekend...and yes, they all stayed at Paul and Pam's house. Crazy much :) They came late Friday night, and we stayed up until 2:00 am listening to the boys sing and watching them dance. Saturday morning was a time of teaching. Paul and Pam had a great talk with the boys (sadly, Cassie and I missed the majority of it because we were trying to catch up on sleep from the night before). After this, they spent the rest of the day rehearsing for the concert. Saturday night, Paul and Pam invited all of the Next Generation team to dinner and a small concert from the boys. Let's just say--there was a lot of dancing, laughing, and great music. After the concert, the boys tried to teach Cassie and I how to dance....key word: tried...They failed miserably because Cassie and I have no rhythm. Thankfully it was an early night because we had an early morning on Sunday. However, before the night ended, the boys sang to our mothers before bed. They had never seen Skype before so they had to experience it. We left Sunday morning around 7:00 am to head to Kamapla for church. The boys had a concert at a church that had started six weeks ago. Paul preached this morning as well. Paul preached from Luke 15 and talked about how God wants us to be his son. He talked about how our relationship should be like father and a son/daughter and not like a servant and his master. It was a pretty powerful sermon, and it touched many lives in the church. After church, we went out to eat with the group before heading back to Jinja. The goodbyes were hard because we had such an amazing weekend with them, but it helped knowing that we would see them all again before we leave. Below is a picture of the entire group (sorry, I will not be naming them all because I have yet to learn them all). Have a great week, and keep looking for more blogs from the rest of the team.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment