Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Final Day with some amazing sites!! by Deena





I do have some beautiful pictures but first I have a funny story to shared with you!! hee hee... Peter is our taxi driver and has a great personality. He enjoys humor. Well being a humor lover too here is the funny story...


We were having water pressure issues so the plumber was called. I had heard Peter's taxi drive into the driveway. Half asleep I went stumbling down the hall. Went out to get a cup of coffee and came back to the bedroom but I stopped by the closet that is for storage and also has the hot water heater in it. (Yes I said hot water!! However it more like luke warm..) The plumber was in there working and it didn't register to me that it could be the plumber already (you know African time). I thought that it was Peter. So I was going to tickle him; however it was not Peter!! Are you laughing yet?? Well that is not the funny part... As the plumber turned around I could clearly see that it was not Peter! The man that I had just tickled had this look of horror and proceeded to tell me his name; which I quickly forgot. Then told me that he was a Muslim. Sooo, I quickly stated my name was Deena and that I was Born Again. You know me, I have to totally embarrass myself at least once!!




I can't get any more images to upload so I am going to try to tell you about the beautiful places we saw today!! We started with the source of the Nile. We all climbed into one boat that looked a little scary. We floated to the source of the Nile which is an island looking place that you can tell by the currents that form around the island. We were able to get some really beautiful pictures together. We floated back to the dock, which are nothing at all like Canton lake. Actually they have nothing, you have to run the boat up onto the bank.




We ate lunch out at a place called Ozzie's. They have American sandwiches. yummy!




We rode across town to the Bujagali Falls. This was so amazing!! The water is moving so fast that there are waves splashing taller than I am while standing on the bank! We watch as a native rode down the fall on a plastic can! How crazy was that?? We paid to ride a boat across the calmer place in the river to an island which is called "papa's island". We took lots of beautiful tropical forest type pictures (sorry again that they Internet is so slow that nothing will load!). I tried a fresh off the tree passion fruit! WOW!! I have a new favorite. I didn't think that anything would top the pineapple but the passion fruit does for me.




We did some shopping and then headed to the market. That is like the grocery store here. I don't know how to describe it! Totally chaos!! People everywhere and hardly room to move. Everyone trying to get you to buy from them. We purchased some fresh mangoes. Pat was looking for fried ants (aka termites)!! YUCK!! Too bad those were out of season! NOT! We picked up a Jack fruit. The taste was not bad if you could get past the texture! I didn't care for it. The fresh mango with lime juice was excellent!!




After dinner we prayed and said thank you's to Grace our cook and Peter our taxi driver. Pretty sad! Jeff, Rolu and Sera were here tonight too. We sang together and cried together as they don't want to see Paul and Pam leave. Paul and Pam have developed great relationships here and it was heart wrenching! They are truely doing God's work and FMB Church has been a part. We should thank God for using our church this way!!




Love to all and tomorrow we will start out journey home!! :( It has been too short!! I pray God will bring me back some day! Luv ya ~ See u ~Night!! ~ Deena

2 comments:

  1. Again, it sounds AMAZING! I'm glad you got to experience it! I know God has used each of you in a special way and will continue to do so back in the USA. Can't wait to see you all and hear your stories and see your pictures! See ya soon.
    Misti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have this experience and I am definitely looking forward to having you home. Love yall. Rhonda Regier

    ReplyDelete