Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 1---VBS

So, yesterday was the first day for the team (I can no longer say Cassie and I) went to Fountain of Hope to start our VBS.  We started the day kind of lazy because of the late night the night before, but after great devotions from Elton and a quick welcome to Africa orientation from Paul, we loaded the taxi and headed out to the school.  On the way, Cassie and I gave the team their very first Luganda lesson.  How much of it they remember---that's a good question.  Once we got to the school and signed the guest book, we started getting ready for the first day VBS.  I ran down to the field with Debbie and Dani and helped them set up the game field.  After that, I ran back up to the school to grab the first classes for games, which were the baby, middle, and top tree (the preschool, pre-k, and kindergarden classes).  I was down at the field helping Debbie and Dani as well as Carissa, Gaige, and KayDee.  Pat, Cassie, and Deena were teaching the lessons.  After a little while,  I got called back up to help with music because our I-home battery had died.  We continued to teach and play games throughout the rest of the day.  It was an amazing day for everybody.  Cassie and I were excited to see our old friends, and the team was excited to meet and make new friends of their own.  We managed to teach P7-P4 the lesson for the day.  The preschool, P1, P2 and P5 all got to play the games.  Last night, we heard the stories of Robert and Sarah Sityo.  I was thankful to hear these stories again, because I kind of fell asleep the last time the game (the joys of jet lag).  So, the first day was amazing, and we are ready for more amazing, God-filled days to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment