I wanted to add a few details from the playing field with the kids prior to it raining. We brought the Awana games and have been teaching them the games. They are really enjoying the "new American" games. We taught them what a three legged races is and how to play it. They laughed and laughed because they have never seen it. I probably can not even explain their laughter; their whole body laughs and their eyes are the best!! You can see, even though their is a language barrier, that they are enjoying us. Okay so back to the games, the team got the bright idea to show the kids how to play! LOL!! :) We lined up and started... OUCH!! The ground is hard here too! Debbie and I were not very good at it! Dani and KayDee won. Gaige and Megan gave them a run for their money. Then there was Debbie and I!! We couldn't get it together!! We spent more time laughing and picking ourselves up! The kids laughed loudly at us!!
The picture of Gaige is her teaching the kids to put grass between their thumbs and blowing on it to make a whistling sound! Their eyes were amazed when they heard the whistle. Then began the process of teaching them how to do that! Now on break you see the kids blowing on their hands to whistle and looking at you while both eyes and face smiling .. :)
Yesterday, our first day, I bent down and hugged a girl. I don't know how old she was but she is in the younger classes because she can not speak English at all. She began to cry. So when I noticed that she was crying I hugged her again until she stopped. WOW!! I asked Peter ( our taxi driver ) why she was crying. He told me that it was because she had never been touched by a "mzungu" white person. YA, lots of humility for me. I knelt down and the kids began touching my hair and laughing and giggling..
I can't begin to explain or even convey the feelings and emotions that is go on! Time for devotions and getting ready for going back to the school.. Talk to you soon! LUV U!! Deena
Kinda wondering why there were no pictures of Deena and Debbie in the three legged race??? I love that you are teaching the kids new games, it sounds like so much fun. I especially like the picture of Gaige with the kids sitting around her. Thank you for the blogs, they are a blessing for us here at home. Love you all. Melvena
ReplyDeleteSounds like the language barrier is not a problem. Laughter is the same in all languages! Glad you and Debbie could give them something to laugh about LOL! Continue the journey God has you on with much peace and love from home. Misti
ReplyDelete