Friday, July 2, 2010

New Names

Right now...Cassie is playing soccer with Jeffery, Sarah, and Kyle, so it's my job to write the blog tonight. Today we went back to the school and finished getting ready for tomorrow (the big soccer and netball tournement), but first we went to Bruce's house. For those who get Paul's updates, Paul shared his story a few weeks ago, but for those who don't, here is quick recap. Bruce and his wife had their house broke into a couple of weeks ago, and both of them were beaten in the process. Bruce's wife was pregnant and had a partial miscarriage. She continued to bleed and became anemic. She later got an infection, but God worked in the Washington and in Bruce and his wife's life. The Washington team got her antibotics and iron, and today, we brought them beans, rice, milk and eggs because they had no food. It was really nice to meet them. But...back to the new names. While we were at the school, we asked Peter (our awesome taxi driver) to give us some Lugandan names. The names are from the clan called Nganbi. My new name is Namatovu (sounds like it looks) and Cassie is Namusoke (sounds like na-mu-soo-key). So when we get back and don't answer to our actual names, you'll know why. It's now time to hear some stories. Talk to you later

1 comment:

  1. Hey Namatovu and Namusoke! I like your new names. Don't know if I'm saying them right in my head, but you can and will correct when I get there. Big day tomorrow. Sounds like something I would really enjoy being a part of. Wish I could, but you will just have to take my place. Have fun and continue making new friends and showing God's grace and love. Love you, Mom Whiteneck

    ReplyDelete