So, can anyone guess what we did today??
Yeah that's right. We totally bungee jumped over the Nile River. Be jealous.
But let's start at the beginning of the day. Well actually, let's start with yesterday. Yesterday was the last day of the HIV clinic. Since we were testing the little kids we couldn't use any of the blood pressure cuffs so we didn't use as many people. So Kyle started building a chicken coop. And I am totally serious when I say that. He got it mostly finished, but dear teammembers we'll need you to see if you could bring something for it please :) After we finished with the testing we left. That is, all but Kyle and Tynishia. They did homestays where they stayed in homes of some villagers in Bukeeka. Tynishia stayed with the head of the PTA and Kyle stayed with one of the students' families. They really enjoyed it. This morning, we were supposed to leave at 8:30 but the fan belt broke on the taxi and took a while to fix. When we finally did leave we went back to Fountain so that some of the teammembers could say goodbye to some orphan girls they are sponsoring. It was really sad. Peter, our taxi driver translated for them so that nothing would be missed when they said goodbye. God was definitely present.
We then went and picked up Tynishia and Kyle and headed back to Jinja. Oh I forgot to mention, Kyle got a chicken from the people he stayed with. It was totally alive too and it rode back with us... In the taxi.... on a seat.
You rock.
ReplyDeleteI posted below your previous post and must have just pressed send when you posted...so now that I know we are both awake, want you both to know how much we miss you and look forward to joining you. Also, that I know life is going to be a bit quieter around the Compound after the Team departs so keep focusing on what God has in store for you....the Adventure Mission Trip has only begun! Phase 2 about to start. Love you both.
Hi there guys. I am jealous cause I wanted to raft the nile. After your first 10 days there I must say God is pretty awesome isnt he. I cant wait to join you guys.
ReplyDeleteElton
When you posted on FB, I didn't even come close to guessing what you did! Bungee jumping, are you kidding, Wow!! My girls are brave souls. I'm adventuresome, but not that much. Ouch my back hurts just thinking about it. :) Well I'm glad you guys got to have some fun with the Washington team before they left. It will be hard to see them go I'm sure, but you can start working on our projects in preparation for our arrival. So what is it we are supposed to bring for the chicken coup? Kyle got a live chicken for it. A rooster? :) Hugs and Kisses, Mom W.
ReplyDeleteWish I could be a little mouse in the corner watching you girls....I know you will miss the Washington team, but I am excited to see what God has planned for you now...
ReplyDeleteKeep the updates coming.....
Love you!
Wow!!!! I'm impressed, I would never do that bungee thing. Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of you. You guys sound happy & content, God is so good!!! I too would like to be a little mouse in the corner watching you!! Love ya, Aunt Jean
ReplyDeleteLooking at your pictures of the goodbyes made me cry. It brought back memories of our goodbyes. Leaving that place is very hard, as you will find out all too soon. I'm so excited each day to read your updates. Justin and I are praying for you everyday and we wish we were there with you. Take full advantage of every oportunity you have to experience God in new and different ways. Have fun! (which it sounds like you are!)
ReplyDeleteWOW! BUNGEE JUMPING! HOW EXCITING! Glad you are having a great time sharing the LOVE of GOD! Stay focused, the rest of the team will be there before you know it! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteMisti
BUNGEE JUMPING!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU AND MEGAN BOTH WENT BUNGEE JUMPING????? The next thing you know you will be eating vegetables and salad!
ReplyDeleteIt is so exciting to see what God is doing through you and to you on this trip. I know it will be hard when the Washington group leaves, but remember God had you all there at the same time for a reason unknown to us. You are starting a new chapter in your adventure. I Love you guys! Dad W
Bungee Jumping. I can't believe it. I'm glad you are brave and adventerous. I went canopy riding with 2 grandsons in Costa Rica couple years ago and the guides were surprised to see someone my age do that. I would of never guessed 2 Fairview MB girls would bungee jump - I'm proud of you. Not forgetting to pray for you. Wilbur
ReplyDelete