Thursday, February 12, 2009

First day, Jodi

We have had a great day today. We started out with breakfast and Orientation, followed by a boda (motorcycle) ride into town. We are most definetly the outsiders here. Everyone stares like you wouldn't believe and yelling Mazullu (White person). Today we spent time in the Market. A most interesting place. Smells I have never smelled before and I don't even know how to tell you about it and do it justice. Then we came back and had beans and rice for lunch. We spent time teaching Sarah how to play Nerz. She is Abdu's (our host) 8 year old daughter. And playing with 2 year old Moses. He is a doll. The minute I walked in last night, Moses held up his hands for me to pick him up. That thrilled me to pieces. We are looking forward to getting down to business tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment