Thursday, February 19, 2009

Esau's story, as told by Lisa

Tonight was an experience I have been waiting for. We led someone to the Lord tonight. And he was a Muslim. Isaiah (part of Next Generation Ministry) brought his wife, Blessing’s, brother to the compound, his name is Esau; he told us a story of how he was sitting for a woman that trusted him to stay with her children while she was going on holiday, and he had done it for several years, but one time he had a meal with them and he started eating and did not finish his meal, and got a glass of water, and then the woman left, but that night he got very, very sick. He said his stomach pained him much, and he spit up blood, so he saved it and showed someone and they said he had been poisoned. I asked him why she would do this, and he did not know. But later after she left, things started to happen to him. The lights would flicker, when the lights were out, so he turned on the light, and he would try to sleep with the light on. He felt as if something were in the room. He then saw bright lights. He described it as if you were looking at the sun, and it was on the wall, and the bright light would grab his arm, on both sides. He was very afraid, so he would go to another room where the girl was sleeping to be safe, and they did not follow him. He said for some reason the woman did not come back like she usually did, she stayed gone longer. So he got someone to stay with the girl. I think he said a neighbor, and he left to go back to his home, but when he got home the spirits followed him. When he confronted the woman, she denied having done anything. He would not be able to sleep. The spirits would wake him every night, and he would walk outside his house, but he was still in bed. I know this does not make any sense, but that’s what he said. What I think he was saying is that the demons, (spirits) were making him sleep walk but he could watch himself do it. He was tired of the spirits bothering him, but his sister Blessing is born again, so he went to her to ask what he should do. Of course she told him about Jesus. So that’s how he came to the compound because he knew we would lead him to Christ. I was the first to start talking to him but I knew right away that I was going to need help, so I went to go get Pam. This story from him took a lot of time. I told it much faster, plus we could not understand him real well, but in the end he made the decision to accept Christ as his personal Savior. He prayed the prayer. By that time there were several people gathered around to pray him in. Wow what a blessing!!! We put him in the middle of us and we all prayed, Jodi, Byron, Lisa, Pam, Randy and Betty, Leon, Elton, Kenneth and Isaiah. He is now born again!!!! Who would ever think we would witness a Muslim getting saved. After everything was said and done, we gave him a Bible and told him to open it and know that it is the truth and all the answers he needs are right in front of him. And then he had supper with us. Talk about getting charged up! Please pray for Esau that his mind will be opened to the Spirit of God and that the demonic torture will stop. Our prayer for Esau is that he will lead many others to Christ.

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord... for he is worthy. Jesus is more interested in people know Him as Messiah than anything else. But He uses people, things and circumstances to show Himself for Who He is. It might be a Nicodemus, or a Samaritan woman at the well or an Muslim... Jesus is making himself known.

    Blessings,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog!!!
    You will treasure your experiences there for a lifetime!
    Tell Grace (your cook) that her twin sister Syd sends her love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I remember reading in a prior post today that Satan was working overtime and usually that means something good is going to happen. What greater thing to happen than another soul saved!!! I can't imagine the things you all are experiencing! Love reading your posts! Looking forward to your arrival back home!!! ~Marshalene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marshalene, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes it takes an outside view to put things in perspective since we are so overwhelmed. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey team, It sounds like your keeping the main thing the main thing!!! Souls are what its all about anyway. I know it seems like Satan is working overtime on the water drilling project and I wish we could lend a helping hand, but for now we'll have to be content to do more "Knee Work"!!! You're in our prayers throughout the day - Scott

    ReplyDelete