1. What made you decide to go to Uganda in February?
Leon and I were challenged about two years ago by Paul and Pam Hunter to come to Africa to be an encouragement to the work there. For the past two summers they have come to our church and brought three different native people from Uganda to our church to speak. We have had all three of them in our home: Jimmy, Robert and Abdu along with Paul and Pam. After this past summer, talk became reality as the Team Uganda 2009 wsa formed and we said YES.
2. What do you plan on doing while you are in Uganda?
Leon plans on helping build student and teacher desks for the Fountain of Home School. Also, helping with work for the water tower, tanks, and solar pump for the school. There are two orphanages, a bakery, nursery school, and a general and children’s hospital where I’m sure the women will plug in. I’m willing to help Leon wherever I can, and be an encouragement to him. I would be thrilled to be able to use my love for music in some way also.
3. Is there something about the trip that you are apprehensive about that you would like us to pray for?
I guess what Leon and I are most apprehensive about is that being 65+ we never know from day to day what ache or pain may develop. Please pray that our bodies may remain healthy! Also, the long airplane flights cause some concern and the jet lag that can develop. Maybe the UNKNOWN causes the most apprehension.
4. What excites you the most about the Uganda trip?
Since the beginning of this venture we have been made aware that this is — first and foremost — about building and encouraging relationships—and then about projects. This was reinforced to me in our church service recently when Wendell Lowen brought our message on “Authentic Ministry”. Christ asked Peter, “Do you love me?” This is our first priority—loving Christ and passing His love to others!
A year ago, I took the Bible study on the Psalms by Beth Moore. Psalms 121 has again become very near and dear to me. My Lord is the Maker of heaven and earth! He never slumbers! He is my keeper! The Lord shall preserve my going out and my coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore!
No comments:
Post a Comment