Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thursday at Bukeeka

On Thursday, all the team but Dawn and Byron worked at Bukeeka. Dawn will explain further in the next post what exciting adventures they had that day. Don, Justin, and Trent worked on the well. They re-plumbed the bottom tank so it wouldn't leak. Abdu saw a red frog on the tank and flicked it on Justin. It's a good thing he didn't fall off! They had a audience the entire time they worked.

Several of the African children wanted to take painting lessons. We were selective, but Geoffery, Grace's son (Grace is our cook) was very helpful. I think the paint showed up a little more on him than on the rest of us.

Jodi and Paul finished the room we had been working on by painting the floor red. We all felt a feeling of accomplishment when we saw the finished product. The rest of us worked on the office rooms. At the present time, there is more work to do in this area. We hope to finish it next week and start work on the dormitories. We don't know if we will finish, but we will do our best.

2 comments:

  1. I think with Jodi in charge of that painting project -- you will finish :) That room looks great and I know it is important for them to see you all work together. I hope the water is flowing again too! I am so excited to see how God is using each and every one of your talents/gifts!!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This was a busy day to say the least. Way to go team! I've been wondering what the rest of the men were doing. Knew they were working hard just hadn't seen or heard from too many of them yet. Surely Justin wasn't afraid of a little frog was he? Makes me smile someone might have gotten one on him. Way to go on all the projects this team has taken on. You guys are amazing! Love and blessings, Debbie Whiteneck

    ReplyDelete