Saturday, March 19, 2011

Princess and the Pea

Monday morning we were sitting at the paint store getting paint for Bukeeka and we noticed across the street this woman that was shouting and punching at the air. Paul told us that she was fighting demons. I asked Paul if there was any way to help her be relieved of the demons and he said that we could pray for her. We went over to talk with her but there were too many as she felt we were going to take her to jail and she was scared. The moment Paul mentioned Jesus her eyes became big and she walked away.



I had been praying for her since I met her and on Wednesday we were back at the paint store and she happened to be laying back at the same place so Peter and I went over to talk with her again. She said that her name was Princess Ellenacarta and said that she had three children and she lived on the streets there in Jinja. Peter told her that I had come a long way just to meet here and that in America I was a counselor. She said she knew that a counselor was one who counsels or guides. Peter told her that I could help her brain get right again. When we asked if we could pray for her she declined again. We told her we loved her and asked if we could bring her breakfast the next day and she agreed. She also let me take a picture with her and hug her.


On Thursday we went to take her breakfast and talk with her but she was not there. We continued to pray for her and on Friday we were shopping in town and Peter told me that he saw her at her spot again. I brought a sack with clothes and shoes that we gathered just in case we saw her while we were in town. We stopped and brought her a cinnamon roll to eat.


We gave her clothes and she changed right there in the street. We also gave her a new testament and she looked through it. I asked her if I could pray for her and this time she agreed. YEA!!!


Priceless end result, a big hug and a smile!!! :-)


Posted by Amanda

6 comments:

  1. Proud of you Amanda!! Wilbur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Amanda for your persistence. The Lord truly answers prayers when we are presistent. May you continue to be used. PTL

    Leon and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what an experiance your team is having. We have an amazing God!!!! Can't wait to see what happens next.
    Elton

    ReplyDelete
  4. We shared your blog post in Power House this morning that told about the school books for Fountain of Hope. Of course, those who have parents, grandparents, a brother and aunties on your Team were quick to share with the other kids. Plus those who have either been on a Team or had family on a Team...It was so neat to see how engaged the Power House Kids and Leaders are with your ministry. You have many partners in Power House! And many who aspire to be on future Teams to Uganda. God is preparing these little ones to do His work. Thank you so much for sharing your ministry opportunities with us.
    Pat Regier

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to watch God work through His hands and feet! I hadn't been at a computer for a day and a half so it is exciting to see so many new posts. I am loving the pictures. It will be exciting too, to see how these events make a difference upon your return as well. I will share what you are writing with my Bible study group tonight, and their prayers as well as my prayers will continue to lift you all up.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am once again amazed at the opportunities the Lord is putting in front of this team. Way to go Amanda for listening and obeying what God wanted you to do in this ladies life. You are amazing. Tell Peter thank you also for helping in this matter and give him a big hug from all of us in Fairview that know and love him! God bless you as watch for more ways to serve your Lord! Love and blessings, Debbie Whiteneck

    ReplyDelete