"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, "Here am I, Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Sunday, February 7, 2010
It's The Little Things That Seem To Amaze!!
We are constantly amazed at what amazes the Africans. Saturday when we visited The Caring Place, we unloaded and went through the task of trying to find things to fit each boy. After the suitcase was empty, they pulled it all over the courtyard. They evidently had never seen a suitcase with rollers and a handle. As they pulled it they would stop and look it over and pull some more, then laugh and laugh.
Another thing that interested them was Robert's hearing aids and the arthritis in his fingers. They asked him what was in his ears, so he took one out and showed them and tried to explain what they did. I'm not sure he was ever able to get them to understand. When he was pointing to the battery in his aid they noticed that his fingers were crooked and looked and felt of his fingers. Some of the boys were trying to get their fingers to bend like his were. It was a fun thing to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment