I would have never guessed God would bring me to Uganda to make a new best friend. I thought, "Oh yeah... I'll fall in love with the people. Just like everyone else." Which that is definitely true! However, I also came to Uganda and met Robyn Burke. She is Paul and Pam's granddaughter. I shared some struggles that I was going through, and she asked me if she could share her story with me. We talked for hours. Any chance we got we would continue sharing our stories and experiences. This girl gave me so much advice! I am so glad God gave me the opportunity to get to know her. The plan is to fly her to Oklahoma in the near future.
I knew for Robyn's last day here she was wanting only a few people to take her to the airport. I didn't expect her to have me go along! Tuesday night she asked me to accompany her. The plan was to leave around 9, but it was 10 before we were on the road. Paul, Pam, Peter, Edgar, Raoul, and myself were there to spend the day with her. We ate lunch at the Java Cafe in Kampala. After lunch we went to the salon to get a pedicure! It was a lot like a regular pedicure in the USA. Robyn shared with us some things that she thought had been good on her trip, and what God has shown her. It was a great time!
(Robert, Holly, Pam, Robyn, Peter, Edgar) This last picture was some of us at the Cafe before we left for Entebbe. The traffic in Kampala was terrible! Those of you who have been here have an idea of what I am talking about, but others do not. Robyn and I sat up front with Peter. They were teaching me how to speak the language! Also, Peter and Robyn got to sit and talk about some important things before she left. It was hard at the airport. Not only to say goodbye to her, but to see her hurting to say goodbye to Uganda.
I just wanted to share a little bit about my day! Thanks so much for all the prayers.
Holly Heinrichs.
No comments:
Post a Comment